What is MyIvanrest?
As a member of Ivanrest Church, you are welcome to use and become part of our Ivanrest Church Online Community, MyIvanrest, at www.ivanrest.org. When you log in, you will be able to see your own profile information, the groups you are participating in, your own giving record, and events that might interest you. You’ll also be able to easily communicate with other members and much more!
Once you receive your login and password, you can update your profile information and make sure that our records are correct. Also, you can upload a picture of yourself, fill in some of the “fun” information like the activities that you enjoy, occupational information, and more, so that others can get to know you better.
Is my information private?
While our database contains anyone who is on our mailing list, and our website is public, MyIvanrest is private in that only those who have login and passwords assigned to them can join in. In the initial rollout, members of Ivanrest Church with current e-mail addresses were issued log-ins and passwords. If you were not in the initial rollout, you can request to be a part of the online community. If your request is accepted after staff review (to verify your relationship to Ivanrest Church,) you will be given login and password information.
- Relationship to Ivanrest Church includes those who are actively involved in Ivanrest ministries
How do I use the online community?
The best way to see what MyIvanrest is about is to visit the website and use your login and password and “look around.” It works as a personal calendar, a church calendar, a program of events, and a communication tool between members and groups. We hope that you will be able to get better connected by participating in “Discussions,” looking for “Groups” (Ministries) that may be of interest to you, RSVPing to event invitations, responding to needs and outreach opportunities, make online gifts and more!
In future phases, we’ll be populating information that will help you find a place to use your gifts by looking at our volunteer “Positions.”
What are the guidelines for use?
Please protect the privacy of other members! Violating any of the guidelines will result in blocked access. By becoming a MyIvanrest user, you agree to the following rules of use: The Online Community is intended for personal and ministry use. It is not for solicitation of any kind. Do not use it for business purposes or for ministry, groups, etc. outside of the Ivanrest Church community.
- Protect the privacy of members by not giving their phone number or other personal information to others outside of the online community. If you would like someone’s number and they are “unlisted,” please ask them directly. Ivanrest Church cannot give out this information without someone’s prior consent. Our leaders and staff use this private information with care.
- Do not send e-mails that are not necessary and requested, e.g. jokes, stories, petitions, etc. Use MyIvanrest with care and courtesy for personal and friendly communication. Even if it’s interesting, funny, or important, do not send unsolicited information. Do not add members to email lists outside the Online Community without prior consent.
- Members who engage in discussions are not to “slam” other groups, churches or organization or attempt to solicit members for outside groups or organizations. Keep the Online Discussions and emails ministry related or personal. Discussion threads will be monitored.
- Online members who become inactive at Ivanrest Church or who do not follow these guidelines and/or abuse MyIvanrest will have their login access blocked.
- Members are to inform the MyIvanrest administrator of any problems so a resolution can be found. Please send issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.