As we seek to be disciples at Ivanrest, we strive to live the kind of lives Jesus has called us to, acknowledging that he has shown us the true and best way to live. Our desire is to grow God’s kingdom through actively seeking to grow in our understanding of God’s truth and in our relationship with him.
We then share our experience in witness to the community around us, proclaiming Jesus’ truth and its ability to truly set us free.
The Christian life is not done alone.
The Christian life is not done alone. Deep Christian relationships provide us with a support and care structure as well as draw us closer to Christ. You can become part of a Life Group, or join Cinemania for a movie night or check out the website for the many other options. If you are interested in creating relationships with other Christians we have a place.
To walk in the way of truth we need to understand what that means.
To walk in the way of truth we need to understand what that means. There are many opportunities around Ivanrest for you to explore and learn more about God’s Word. You can join us on Sunday mornings for iStudy or join a Bible Study that meets during the week.
Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Jesus calls us to more than just knowledge and belief. He calls us to put those beliefs into practice. That can mean a variety of things to many different people. If you need someone to walk with you through the fundamentals of faith, you can join Alpha. If you are looking to share what you’ve already experienced, consider becoming a mentor in either Koinonia or Alpha. If mentoring is not your thing we are always looking for people to volunteer behind the scenes, you can make a meal for Degage’, or set up an event. We are constantly looking for new ways for people to put their faith into practice.
Find A Group
We at Ivanrest believe that intimate Christian community is an essential part of the Christian faith journey. We all need people who genuinely know us; people who know our joys and who know our struggles. People who can rejoice with us in the good times, as well as carry us through the valleys. No one can walk out his or her faith alone.
- A Life Group is a small group of 4-5 couples, or 4-6 singles, who meet regularly for the purpose of building deep spiritual relationships with each other.
- Life groups provide an environment in which Christian relationships can grow and flourish. They are designed to create a place where believers can share life together.
- Life Groups have the potential to be a wonderful representation of what the church is supposed to look like. As you invest in your group, we pray that you experience the Love of God through the relationships you develop.
- Meet regularly, at least once a month (Acts 2:42-46)
- Participate in the group (Matt 6:21)
- Confidentiality, in order to share life, we need to be able to trust each other (James 4:11-12)
- Service, we are called to care for each other and the world. Each Life Group commits to two acts of service per year as a group. (James 2: 14-26)
This is a single parent ministry involving moms, their children and mentors. The word Koinonia is a biblical Greek word meaning Christian community. We strive to show Christian love, acceptance and support to the families involved.
Koinonia is a ministry where building relationships is intentional and sharing are important to us. Each child is paired up with a mentor that is selected for him or her enjoying an evening filled with fun activities with other mentors and children or one on one time working on homework, projects,or crafts. This has proved to build strong relationships and long term friendships. The moms are involved in a small group book study with sharing time encouraging one another in the struggles and joys they have in parenting.
Adults of all ages.
What It’s About
We gather every 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sunday of the month, October-May, between the services, in the Main Gathering Room from 9:50 – 10:45 AM. Grab a cup of coffee and come to istudy.
Contact Brent Kladder for more information.