Children who attend Children’s Ministry programs at Ivanrest Church learn about God in a safe, friendly, and fun environment. From newborn babies to kindergartners, we want all our children to feel God’s love, learn about his Kingdom, and develop their relationship with their Savior.
The Bible is not a collection of stories. It is one story of God’s plan to rescue His people from sin and death. It is the story of redemption, the gospel message of Jesus Christ. And it is our story too! Through the years each child is part of Ivanrest Kids, they will hear the entire gospel story through age appropriate videos, lessons, and songs. Parents can reinforce the lessons utilizing the key cards that are provided at the start of each unit.
Designed for children infants-kindergarten, Ivanrest Kids meets during the morning worship service (10:00AM). Your children are welcome to join us in a safe and loving environment where they can learn more about the love of Jesus!
Our classrooms are separated by ages:
Nursery: Infant – age 2
2s and Young 3s: Ages 2.5 – 3
Preschool: Age 3 (by Sept. 1 of the current school year) – 4
Kindergarten: Children in pre-K or kindergarten
Classes may be combined based on attendance and/or volunteer availability
What should I expect with Check-in and pick up?
- You will be warmly greeted by one of our friendly Ivanrest Kids volunteers, who will assist
- Should we need to contact you during the service, the number printed on the security tag received upon dropping off your child will flash on the monitor in the sanctuary.
- Parents are asked to pick up their children immediately following the worship service at the check-in area. Kindergarten children may be picked up at their classroom door. For the safety of all children, no child may be picked up unless a parent provides the corresponding security tag.
What happens in Ivanrest Kids?
- With songs, Bible stories, fun visuals, rhymes, crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities we worship with children of all ages and abilities as they learn to become life-long followers of Jesus.
- Your child will be lovingly led by teachers who will show them how fearfully and wonderfully God made them.
- Preschool and Kindergarten classes utilize the Gospel Project curriculum to learn about God’s salvation story throughout the entire Bible.
What measures are taken to make sure my children are safe?
All volunteers, age 16 and older, have completed a child protection form and have undergone comprehensive background checks. Additionally, each person is trained, equipped, and gifted to support you and your child.
Our Student Ministries Team works with our Outreach Team to provide a few family-friendly community events each year for families with children 10 and under. Check out the Outreach page for more information.