Pillows are something so simple in life that can play a bigger role than just something to lay your head on. Pillows can be your place of peace, your hiding place, or a source of comfort during hard times. When you are sad you may cry on your pillow, when you are happy you may fall back onto your pillow, when you are excited you may even have a pillow fight! Now imagine going from place to place without a pillow to call your own. For many of the families that stay with us through Family Promise they do not have a pillow to call their own. This year for each time we host families we want to bless each individual with a pillow they can call their own and take with them on their journey as a comfort and reminder of God’s love for them and our prayers surrounding them as they go.
During the month of February we will be collecting pillows we will give to each individual who stays at Ivanrest through the Family Promise program. We hope to collect 55 Pillows to give away in 2018.
Some ideas for the pillows you bring:
- Pray over the pillow before you bring it to church, that it may be a blessing to the individual and that it may help to bring a sense of peace and comfort during difficult times.
- Write an encouraging note or prayer for the individual who will be receiving the pillow.
- Give a book or story along with the pillow for the children who will receive the pillow.
- Decorate a pillowcase for a one of the Family Promise parents with your life group or bible study with prayers and encouraging scripture.
You can also help to provide other supplies we need when hosting:
- Pillow Cases
- Fleece Blankets
- Twin Mattress Pad Protectors
New and gently used donations (no used pillows please) can be brought to church anytime during the month of February. Anything collected beyond what we need for hosting at Ivanrest will be donated to Family Promise.