Our ikids ministry provides an exciting experience for infants, toddlers and preschoolers to learn about Jesus while you worship. We have taken great care to ensure the safety of your child and are able to notify you during the worship service if your child needs you.
Our ikids ministry is for children infants-Kindergarten and meets during the morning worship services (8:30 am and 11:00 am (September – May; 10:00 am (Memorial Day – Labor Day). Your children are welcome to join us in a loving and safe environment where they can learn more about the love of Jesus! Our classes are separated by ages:
- ikids Nursery: children infant – age 2
- ikids 2s to Young 3s: children age 2.5 – age 3
- ikids Preschool: children age 3 (by 9/1 of current school year) – age 4
- ikids Kindergarten: children in pre-kindergarten or kindergarten
Classes may be combined based on attendance and/or volunteer availability.
At Ivanrest Church each child will discover and apply these steps in their faith walk:
1. Know the Bible is true and what it says
2. Experience Jesus as Savior
3. Show Jesus’ love to others by what we do
What to expect
We’ll have fun learning about Jesus through our Bible story, memory verse, and other activities. We’ll also do a craft together and get to know each other. Don’t forget your offering! We are collecting money to help Family Promise.
An ikids greeter will check your child(ren) in at our ikids check-in desk.
- Visitors will be encouraged to fill out a visitor information card. Each child will receive a name tag and the parent will receive a security tag used at pick-up.
- Members and regular attenders can check-in on our electronic check-in system.
- Search for your name or phone number.
- Tap on your family listing.
- Select the child(ren) to check-in.
- Verify the correct child(ren) is selected and correct service time is selected.
- Press continue to complete check-in and print your name tags and security tag.
Should we need to contact you during the service, the number of your security tag will flash on the monitor in the sanctuary.
Parents are asked to pick up their children immediately following the worship service at the check-in area. Kindergarten children may be picked up at their classroom door. You will not be allowed to take the child unless you have the security tag, even if we know who you are.
What happens in ikids?
For 2 year olds through kindergarten, join us for fun as we learn about God’s word together through worship songs, Bible stories with fun visuals, action rhymes, age appropriate memory work, and lesson remembering crafts! Preschool and Kindergarten are using the Gospel Project curriculum to learn about God’s salvation story throughout the entire Bible. Your child will be lovingly led to the Savior by a teacher who will show them how special God made them. Your child can also learn to help others by participating in our yearly offering. This year’s offering goes to help Family Promise.
Who will be hanging out with my kid?
All the volunteers, age 16 and older, have filled out a child protection form and have had a background check done on them. All of them have a passion and a heart for children. They give up of their time willingly in open arms and heart to welcome the children in the Name of Jesus Christ. They love to bring the truths of God to these little ones and help them meet the Father! They care not only about their physical safety and well-being but also their eternal future and hope. They lovingly walk with your child and help them to discover and apply the age appropriate steps in their faith walk.