A hub for candidates and the Ivanrest community to find in-depth information and contact information.
The Search Team
We’re excited you’re here. As Ivanrest CRC is in the process of seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our congregation in worship, discipleship and ministry, we have put together this website as a resource for potential applicants to learn about our church. Our search committee is made up of 15 members, who were thoughtfully and prayerfully put together and range in age, years of membership, experience and involvement in the church. We are eager to begin the search and see how God works during this process!
We are looking for an experienced pastor to guide and nurture our congregation while equipping us to be servant leaders and witnesses to the community and beyond. Many hours have been spent in prayer and preparation in this process already, and we are excited to see how He works in our church and your life as we pursue His direction.
Thank you, and blessings to you as you consider God’s will.
Ivanrest CRC Search Team
Search Team Mandate
The Search Team of Ivanrest Church will:
- agree to organize and function effectively and efficiently and commit to working as a team;
- meet regularly at a time and place made known to the congregation;
- communicate regularly with the Council, via team minutes that indicate progress toward its goals and that underscores the need for persistent prayer;
- communicate regularly with the congregation, such as through bulletin announcements or inserts, newsletters, emails, verbal reports, etc. in a manner that indicates progress toward its goals and that underscores the need for persistent prayer;
- solicit and accept nomination input from the congregation;
- complete and share the church profile with the CRC Denomination Office for posting purposes;
- prepare other recruitment materials including a congregational information packet which includes the church profile;
- develop a pool of prospective pastors and determine the best understanding of who God might be calling to Ivanrest;
- engage and interview prospective pastors;
- recommend to Council only one candidate at a time (mono recommendation);
- upon Council approval of the Search Team recommendation, request affirmation from the congregation for the candidate;
- upon acceptance of a call, work with Transition Team members to welcome and orient the new pastor for a successful onboarding.
If you believe God is leading you to take the next step and would like to enter the search process, we would like to hear from you!
A candidate will be considered when we have received all of the following:
- Letter of Introduction
- References (we will not be contacting references without giving you prior notice)
- Link(s) or DVDs to view sermons or other teachings
- Questions (please submit your brief responses to the following)
- When and how did you receive your call into ministry?
- After reviewing the profile, position description and website, how will your specific gifts, experiences and calling be a fit for Ivanrest?
- Ivanrest is a part of the Christian Reformed Church in North America that adheres to a covenantal Reformed theology. Reflecting on your own experiences, how does your theology align with Reformed theology?
Please send all application materials electronically as PDFs or links to the Search Team (email@example.com). We will confirm receipt of documents and contact candidates to determine next steps.