Worship at Ivanrest is all about meeting God – both individually and corporately – to celebrate our relationship with him, express our gratitude to him and surrender to his direction in all aspects of life. Through various mediums (preaching, music, drama, video, prayer and more), our corporate worship challenges the assembled believers to be more like Christ in their everyday lives and continue their worship throughout the week. God wants all of us all the time…not just on Sunday morning.
Ministry Updates Due to COVID-19
Updated March 12, 2021 - We offer two great options for Sunday morning worship - in person and online.
- Masks are required while in the church building.
- There are two worship locations available in our building: the Worship Center and the West Wing. Feel free to choose the worship atmosphere that works best for you!
- There are two seating options in the Worship Center: the outer two sections will utilize every other pew while the inner two sections will utilize every pew. Please let the usher know which section you are comfortable sitting in.
- Congregational singing with masks will be part of our service. The majority of our worship through singing will be towards the end of the service allowing those uncomfortable with public singing at this time to leave before our time of praise and worship. Beginning April 1, congregational singing will be incorporated throughout the service.
You can access our LiveStream service at 10:00 AM by clicking on the Watch option in the menu above.
Ivanrest Church embraces the following overarching values concerning worship. Values are the basic principles or qualities that provide the foundation of our actions and are not intended to prescribe specific actions. Rather, these values guide decisions made by the Worship Focus Team so that they remain within the Christian and Reformed boundaries.
- We believe worship must first of all be God focused.
- We believe worship is for those who believe. At the same time, we recognize there is a vital place in a worship service for nonbelievers and make room for them.
- We believe worship is much more than the corporate worship experience.
- We believe worship is a two-way communication.
- We believe worship must engage both the head and the heart.
- We believe that the atmosphere of worship must be appropriate for the varied ways Jesus wishes to meet us.
- We believe that there is no right or wrong style of worship.
- We believe that while our message never changes, the methods for conveying that message must always be changing.
- We believe worship is a learned discipline that takes effort.
- We believe that corporate worship must strive for excellence, not perfection.
For more information about these values, please read our complete Worship Values Document.
We are always glad to have new people serve with us in the worship team, band/orchestra, choir, drama team. Many people volunteer their time and energies creating and supporting meaningful worship at Ivanrest. Whether you want to be behind the scenes or leading worship, serve every week or four times a year, we’d like to add you to our team.
- Vocal: “Sing to him, sing praise to him…” Lifting your voice in worship is one of the oldest forms of praise. You can become part of a Praise Team, or join the Praise Choir. If you are interested in leading worship through song we have a place for you.
- Instrumental: Many different instruments are utilized to enhance worship at Ivanrest. From keyboard to guitar, drums to piano, trombones to flutes, violins to saxophones and everything in between, there is a place for you to be involved.
- Technical Arts: Worship opportunities are not limited to those serving in the front of the sanctuary. You can become part of the Sound Team or the Media Team providing operating support for worship services and other event opportunities.
- Drama: Drama effectively expressed brings defenses down, connects people to a relevant message, and provides humor that allows truth to be heard and received. Have dramatic gifts? We’d like to utilize them at Ivanrest!