Worship at Ivanrest is all about meeting God – both individually and corporately – to celebrate our relationship with him, express our gratitude to him and surrender to his direction in all aspects of life. Through various mediums (preaching, music, drama, video, prayer and more), our corporate worship challenges the assembled believers to be more like Christ in their everyday lives and continue their worship throughout the week. God wants all of us all the time…not just on Sunday morning.
Ministry Updates Due to COVID-19
Updated May 21, 2021 - We will continue outdoor worship whenever the weather allows. Here's what you need to know!
People of all ages are invited to join us on Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM on the front lawn. Ivanrest Kids programming will still be available in the building for children birth - kindergarten.
Worship sheets (song lyrics, service order, sermon notes) and children's bulletins will be available on your smart phone as well as paper copies.
Please maintain a six-foot distance from others at all times.
Masks are optional outdoors.
Sanitation stations with hand sanitizer will be available around the perimeter of the worship area.
LiveStream will not be available for our outdoor services at 10:00 AM. A recording of the service will be available Sunday afternoon and can be accessed by clicking here.
Weather permitting. Any decision to move indoors will be communicated by 7:30 AM Sunday morning via email, social media, and the website. If services are moved indoors:
- LiveStream will be available at 10:00 AM.
- Worship Center: Masks are welcome but optional for those fully vaccinated. The center two sections have seating in every pew; the outer two sections are every other pew seating.
- West Wing: Masks are required for all worshippers in the West Wing.
Fellowship time after the service will be offered every week, outdoors when weather permits.
Ivanrest Church embraces the following overarching values concerning worship. Values are the basic principles or qualities that provide the foundation of our actions and are not intended to prescribe specific actions. Rather, these values guide decisions made by the Worship Focus Team so that they remain within the Christian and Reformed boundaries.
- We believe worship must first of all be God focused.
- We believe worship is for those who believe. At the same time, we recognize there is a vital place in a worship service for nonbelievers and make room for them.
- We believe worship is much more than the corporate worship experience.
- We believe worship is a two-way communication.
- We believe worship must engage both the head and the heart.
- We believe that the atmosphere of worship must be appropriate for the varied ways Jesus wishes to meet us.
- We believe that there is no right or wrong style of worship.
- We believe that while our message never changes, the methods for conveying that message must always be changing.
- We believe worship is a learned discipline that takes effort.
- We believe that corporate worship must strive for excellence, not perfection.
For more information about these values, please read our complete Worship Values Document.
We are always glad to have new people serve with us in the worship team, band/orchestra, choir, drama team. Many people volunteer their time and energies creating and supporting meaningful worship at Ivanrest. Whether you want to be behind the scenes or leading worship, serve every week or four times a year, we’d like to add you to our team.
- Vocal: “Sing to him, sing praise to him…” Lifting your voice in worship is one of the oldest forms of praise. You can become part of a Praise Team, or join the Praise Choir. If you are interested in leading worship through song we have a place for you.
- Instrumental: Many different instruments are utilized to enhance worship at Ivanrest. From keyboard to guitar, drums to piano, trombones to flutes, violins to saxophones and everything in between, there is a place for you to be involved.
- Technical Arts: Worship opportunities are not limited to those serving in the front of the sanctuary. You can become part of the Sound Team or the Media Team providing operating support for worship services and other event opportunities.
- Drama: Drama effectively expressed brings defenses down, connects people to a relevant message, and provides humor that allows truth to be heard and received. Have dramatic gifts? We’d like to utilize them at Ivanrest!