INTENTIONALLY GROWING BY DOING LIFE TOGETHER
What is a Table Group?
A Table Group at Ivanrest Church is a small group with a mix of individuals, couples, and families. These groups are designed to meet regularly to build deep spiritual relationships with each other. It is a place where we can mature together in our faith.
Small Groups Offer People a Place to:
- Connect (1 Corinthians 9:22) Life out the "one-another" commands (John 13:34-35)
- Protect (1 John 3:16)
- Grow (Proverbs 27:17)
- Give & Receive (Romans 12:3-8)
- Encounter God (Acts 2:42-47)
- Succeed together where one alone would fail (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why the commitment to meeting twice a month?
Consistency is vital for both building relationships and growing in your faith and different spiritual disciplines. Table Group members are expected to make group meetings a priority on their calendars.
Do we have to meet in people's homes?
The warmth and coziness of a home environment is ideal for Table Groups, however we realize that hosting a group is not feasible for everyone. Church may be available for some groups depending on meeting day and time.
Do Table Groups only meet on Sunday?
No! Table Groups can meet any day of the week. Your self made group can decide which day and there are opportunities to indicate your preferences on the Church Made Group Sign Up form.
Will groups have breaks?
Yes! There are breaks built into the Table Group meeting schedule throughout the year. Most groups will take a break over the summer months (snowbird groups may break over the winter). There are also other 4-6 week breaks when groups can choose to meet in community, meet to study a book or topic of their choice, or not meet at all.
Will physical limitations and/or dietary restrictions be accommodated?
We will do our best to place people with physical limitations in a group where the host home is accessible for all. Alternatively, the affected groups could meet at church. Dietary restrictions can be discussed and accomodated within each individual group.
Is childcare provided?
Childcare needs will be determined by each individual group. Some groups will choose to involve children (we actually encourage this!); some will line up childcare for all the children in another part of the host home; still others may opt to not include children at all and individual families will be on their own to find childcare.
What if I'm a snowbird and am gone all winter? Or have a cottage and am gone all summer? Or have extended (4+ weeks) vacation plans?
Please indicate those type of conflicts on the sign up form and we will do our best to place you with others in similar situations.
How to Sign Up or Form a Group:
1. Register as an individual, couple or family and the church will match you to a group.
2. Form a group with-6 8 people; leave room for others to join later. Make sure to indicate who will serve as your leader.
Table Group Expectations:
- Groups are expected to meet twice a month with several breaks throughout the year.
- Each group is required to have 1-2 leaders that are committed to going through training and participating in meetings throughout the year with the Discipleship Director.
- Groups will start with using materials from Practicing the Way, including some of the following topics: sabbath, prayer, fasting, and scripture.